Monday, March 2, 2009

Lenten Reflection

So we are in the season of Lent – a time of preparation before Easter. Although for the past 7 years my family has attended a non-Denominational Christian church, I was raised Catholic and still observe some Catholic traditions. One of the things that I remember from my childhood was giving something up for Lent – usually candy as a little kid. Now, as an adult, I don’t so much give something up as take a look at areas of in my life that are areas of disobedience to the Lord - and work to correct them. One of those areas is that I am a HUGE procrastinator (I mean hello – Lent started last Wednesday and I am just getting around to this!) and it leads to a slothful nature. Everyone who knows me is aware that I am not the best housekeeper in the world and it is something that weighs on me – I wish that I did better in this area. Yesterday in church our pastor was speaking on service and he said something that hit home. He talked about how the Lord gave Adam a helpmate when he created Eve and at times I am not a very good helpmate to Drew. So this year for Lent I am going to work on being a better helpmate, and the biggest way that I can do that is to do a better job keeping up our home. I figure saying it out loud will keep me honest and I started today by cleaning our downstairs. I do this every couple of weeks but then I tend to “let myself of the hook” for the rest of the week and not do anything else. However, tomorrow I tackle another project that I have been putting off – my year end Creative Memories inventory. Yep – it is March and I haven’t done my year end paperwork yet. So tomorrow is the day for that project and from there who knows - but I have the rest of Lent to become more obedient to the Lord and a better helpmate to Drew.

Getting my butt off the couch -

No comments: