Sunday, March 22, 2009

Making some changes around the house

Wow - it has been awhile since I blogged. See what happens when I try to be a good wife and mother? Less time for blogging. It didn't help any that the princesses got hit with the flu-like bug going around school and were home all of last week. But they seem to be getting better and Sarah was well enough to perform in her Little Theater production of The Trial of the Knave on Friday and Saturday night. She played the Dormouse and was fantastic (not that I am biased or anything). This is where I should insert a photo of my adorable Dormouse ... except that I don't have one. Can you believe it? I seriously fell down on the job here and forgot my camera when I went to the performance last night. Hopefully another mom will have some and save me from losing my Mother of the Year title ('cause I am sure that I had a lock on it up till now right).

Anyway, with all the effort to get the house in better order there have been a few changes and more are coming (along with a truck full of my Grandmothers furniture sometime in May). The, first big change is that I have made the decision to quit carrying inventory for my Creative Memories business. The business has changed a lot in the 9 years since I started, with online ordering and more of my clients going digital like I am, and there is little need to carry inventory. I also have fewer workshops since I started working at the hospital on Friday nights negating my need for a permanent workshop space. So this weekend I am having a huge sale to move all my inventory (I hope!) and then I can re-purpose my workshop room into a space for the kids to do homework and an office area for Drew. I am really excited for the change and will post up pictures as we get it set up.

The second big change is our new kitchen table! We just bought it today and they were able to deliver it this evening - isn't it beautiful??



I have had my eye on it for about 2 years and the store is going out of business at the end of the month. I figured if they still had it and I could get a good deal than it would finally be mine! Between this and my grandmother's furniture, our house may actually look like someone lives here soon.

Well, I guess that is it for now. I have a lot of work to get done this week prepping for the inventory sale so I better get to bed!

Making Changes -

1 comment:

Nicola O. said...

Crap, I knew I was forgetting something! Your sale! Grr.

Instead, I downloaded two different kits from the scrapmatters site tonight.

I'm a little worried.