Friday, May 8, 2009

I have moved into the Guest Cottage

... for a fabulous template designer - Sya's Blueprints!

I get asked often how I come up with all my layouts. Let me start by saying that there are *thousands* of AMAZING digi-scrappers out there that are incredibly talented -so what I do is not terribly special. And the answer to the question is TEMPLATES! I love templates!!! They are such a great starting point for me and really get my creative juices flowing. Sometimes they are exactly what I need for a page; other times they are the inspiration and the final page looks nothing like the template. There are lots of great templates out there but far and away my favorites are from Sya's Blueprints - which is why I am sooo excited that I am a guest on her Creative Team this month! Here are the layouts that I have done for her so far (you can click on the image to get the full credits):



She also designs page kits - this one uses her kit Happiness Is in addition to one of her templates.






And these all count toward the Queen of Scrap competition I am in this month! However, I don't think that I have a prayer of being in the top 10 scrappers - some of these women are speed demons!! There are some gals that have 30 layouts completed already this month!!! But I am having fun pushing myself to do more and there are wonderful prizes just for competing. I already received the first prize which was - A BIG TEMPLATE PACK!! Here are a couple more of my faves from the month so far:




This one uses a frame and word art from some fun, new element packs Haynay has out today!



This one was for an iNSD template challenge - yep, another template!



Well, I am off to get some more scrapping done! I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day - be sure to celebrate all those special women in your life!

Lady in Waiting -

No comments: