Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am a slacker!!

Wow did I slack over the Christmas/New Year Holiday! I am really going to be better so how about just a quick recap on what has been going on at the McDaniel house in the last month.


First off - the kids got an extra long vacation because of school closures due to the fact that we were SNOWED IN!! I missed three days of work and there were days we couldn't even leave the house. Seriously I have never seen anything like it in the 11 years that I have lived in the Seattle area - there were drifts in our backyard! We got two feet over the period of a week - check it out - CRAZY!



Then on the 23rd my Grandmother Johnson passed away. She would have been 94 in February and had been in and out of the hospital a lot this year so we are glad that she is no longer in pain but it was still very sad. I am headed to South Carolina this weekend to help my mom go through all of her things and Drew will be in charge of the three princesses for 5 days - say some prayers for him!

We did manage to get out on Christmas Eve for church and were so pleased with the culmination of our Advent Conspiracy efforts. We spent less than half of our Christmas budget and were able to make a donation in the amount of $425 to help fight AIDS - we will definately be doing this again in 2009. Here is a picture of the girls in the Christmas dresses - so cute!

On Christmas Day my in-laws arrived to visit for a week and we had a BLAST!! Lots of snow so we spent quite a few days hanging out at home in our pj's playing games but did manage to get out for a family movie (Bolt - so funny!) and Drew and I had a date night too - it was such a great relaxing week with family. And it was even better knowing that we will be together again really soon in Disney!

Now we are back in the swing of school, work and girls activities and I realized that we as of today we only have 30 DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY!!!! I still have lots of stuff to finish up and the to-do lists are growing!! I have finished up the touring plans in the last week, made one last dinner ressie and the final tweek to the itinerary. Lots of stuff to print and laminate!! The girls are getting really excited and I put together a little countdown calandar for them to start today - it has pictures of things we are going to do while we are there behind each Mickey head:



Well, I guess that gets ya up to date! I did get some scrapping done over the break so I will post some of those tomorrow - off to get started packing!

No longer slacking -






1 comment:

Nicola O. said...

My condolences on your grandmother, Erin.